Feb 27, 2012

Monday music break: Cassandra Syndrome

Happy Monday!  Last week was my organization's annual retreat.  This year we had it at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, WV.  Although mountains aren't usually my thing, it's really quite beautiful up there.  One of our team-building activities was an evening sitting around a bonfire playing silly games and otherwise enjoying each others' company.  I took photos during the bonfire, so I'll be sure to share a few of those when I get a chance to upload them.

For now, please enjoy this video by my favorite local bands, Cassandra Syndrome.  They are a pagan band with a a brooding, operatic metal sound.  They are really, really amazing, especially live - and I'm not just saying that because I'm friends with the bassist :)  This song, "Shackles," from their 2nd album Satire X, really speaks to what I've been pondering much of lately in terms of the systemic mindlessness of society, and the shackles that we allow ourselves to wear in the name of fitting in.  


And here's a bonus song, because I love their music so damn much and want to share the love.  Here's a live recording of "Mirror, Mirror."  This song is almost certainly the best song off of their first album, Of Patriots and Tyrants.



If you like what you hear, please check out more of their music at www.cassandrasyndrome.com, and if you are so inclined please support local artists and buy one of their albums.
 

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...