Sep 27, 2012

Hey Hecate

Although the Autumnal Equinox has already passed, I still wanted to share my Mabon chant with you all.

autumn leaves

This chant calls to and praises Hecate, who is Persephone's guide down to the underworld as she descends in the fall, and back up as she rises in the spring.  This song was inspired by the goddess herself.  A few years ago, a priestess aspecting Hecate the Crone during in ritual made me promise to write a chant before Samhain (it was the end of September).  And by Samhain, I had written two. 

Yes, you read that right.  A goddess made me promise something - in ritual - in her presence!  My heart definitely skipped a beat, and I had to take a breath and contemplate quickly what that really meant.  And then I couldn't keep her waiting, and I knew it was what I needed, so I made that promise.  Boy has it paid off.

And I realize now that aside from making that promise, I got the whammy from Hecate during that ritual because my crown chakra finally cleared up and my third eye was wide open for months afterward.  It was painful to go through at the time (oh the headaches and crazy visions), but it has really paid off in my psychic development and connection to the divine - and as a result, my chant writing.


Lyrics:

Hail Hecate, hey hey hey!
Light your lantern and guide our way.
Hail Hecate, hey hey hey!
Into the darkness, down from the day.

Hail Hecate, hey hey hey!
Light your lantern and guide our way.
Hail Hecate, hey hey hey!
Out of the darkness and back to the day.

Please let me know what you think!

You are free to share my post and use my chants in ritual - and I would love to know that you do!  But please do not reproduce my chants in any way without permission.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing it with the PPBH!


    Namaste,
    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm so pleased you like my Hecate chant! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...