Sep 30, 2012

Fall Bloggiesta Wrap-Up

Bloggiesta finish line


What a great Bloggiesta weekend!  I got all but one of my to-do list items accomplished, and I had a good reason for missing that one:
  • Re-record my Brighid chant so that both parts are in one recording - this didn't happen because of allergy issues that left my voice in pretty rough shape all weekend.  I'll record at a future date when I don't sound so much like Eartha Kitt.*
  • Clean up my Google Reader subscriptions list (again...)
  • Look into installing Disqus for comments
  • Contact Jen about getting her ad for my sidebar
  • Comment on lots other participating blogs and make new blogging friends


I also completed 3 mini challenges:

Due to bad timing, I missed all of the Twitter parties.  Too bad!  Those are really fun.  Next time, next time.

If you are here via Bloggiesta, I hope you stick around!  My blog focuses on neo-pagan music (music by and for the neo-pagan community).  I post a weekly feature called "Monday Music Break" that highlights music by pagan artists on both the local and national scale (I usually feature one artist per week).  I also post the chants I write.  On a more mundane level, I post about general lifestyle stuff, like things from pinterest or pretty nature photos.  Although my blog is pagan music blog, I don't ever want to be pigeon-holed to a purely pagan audience, as I believe the artists I feature can have a much wider appeal - that's part of the reason I started the blog in the first place.

bumblee and firewheel blanketflower


I know most of the bloggers participating in Bloggiesta are book bloggers.  While I am not a book blogger, I am a bibliophile, although perhaps not as avid a reader as I was in high school and college.  I joined Goodreads awhile back so I've been posting reviews of all the books I read on there.  Here's the last few books I've read, if you're interested:


Colleen's bookshelf: read

Dreaming in Cuban
5 of 5 stars true
This book was lovely - poetry in novel form!
Thirteen Reasons Why
5 of 5 stars true
Oh my god. Phenomenal. This book tore me to pieces, slowly with each flip of Hannah's tapes. I still can't believe I didn't cry until the very end. I felt like I could empathize with every false rumor, with every fake friendship, wit...
The Secrets of a Fire King: Stories
3 of 5 stars true
I wasn't a fan of all of the stories in this compilation (especially not "The Rat" - EWW), but I appreciated the compilation as a whole, and I feel like I have a better understanding of Kim Edwards as a writer.
Forever Free
4 of 5 stars true
This is a sequel to The Forever War, and was definitely as good as the original. It was nice to see what happened with Mandella and Marygay, and how they and their fellow vets handled life in a world ruled by Man. Even though this book...

goodreads.com


* "Why do we even have that lever?!"

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good job! :)


    New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!

    Also, wahoo! I love new followers!! I have so few that it feels so awesome when someone new follows my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...