I ran my blog through the website grader and got a score of 79. Based on the action items it came up with, I have a small to-do list for improving traffic. I decided to share it in case it may be helpful to some of my other readers:
- SEO: Add alt tags to my images. This helps bring traffic from things like image searches on Google. Update - all done! With almost 100 posts, most of which have at least one image, it took over an hour to do this, but it was worth it I hope!
- SEO: Figure out if/how I can add page descriptions to each of my blog pages (Pagan Musicians, Chants, etc.)
- Social Media: Add twitter/Facebook/G+/etc. share buttons to individual posts. (Anyone know how to do that?)
4. Update #2: After some quick research on SEO for Blogger, I'm adding another one that will be ongoing - adding search descriptions. An explanation of search descriptions is here: http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472666
- You can add a search description for your whole blog. Go to Settings -> Search Preferences, and click in the text box for "Description" near the top.
- You can also add search descriptions for each entry - in the post settings, click on "search description" to bring up the search description box