Sep 29, 2012

Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge: Blogging Notebook

Bloggiesta logo

One of the things I love about Bloggiesta is that it seems to spark in me a great deal of creativity about blogging and blog design.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Reading everyone's to-do lists and mini-challenges and twitter posts gives me so many of my own ideas about what I could do with my blog.

Trish over at Lough, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity posted a Blogging Notebook and Calendar Mini-Challenge for Bloggiesta.  You have the option to participate in either the notebook or calendar part of the mini-challenge, or both.  I decided that writing down all of these ideas I was having (and will probably keep having) would be a great idea for, so I went with the notebook part of the mini-challenge.  I wrote down big ideas for my blog (sort of my "wish list" of things I'd like to eventually accomplish), as well as ideas for blog posts I could/should write in the near future.

Last night I took myself out to dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant in Silver Spring, Thai at Silver Spring.  While I was enjoying a delicious bowl of yellow chicken curry, here's what I came up:

blogging idea list

This was definitely a great exercise, and I really should keep doing it given how helpful it was in the creative process.  I'll probably take this rough list and separate it out into three lists - big ideas, blog posts I should write soon (AKA a post to-do list), and ideas for posts.

4 comments:

  1. Trish's challenge is one that I didn't get to, but want to get to soon. Her system seems so simple and doable. Also noticed that you mentioned Silver Spring, which means you're just on the other side of the Beltway from me (I'm VA side). And now I have a new restaurant I want to try...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love Trisha's system. Using colored pens is optional, but sure makes it more fun :)

    I am indeed in the Silver Spring, MD area. There's so many great Thai restaurants around here! You should definitely check out Thai at Silver Spring, the food is yummers and not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating! You've got a great list of things going and I hope that you find it useful to return to. I'm always adding and crossing things off and it helps for those days when you feel like you don't have any ideas at all. Glad you had a good bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were lots of great mini-challenges this year, yours included! Now I just need to get myself a notebook to write all this stuff down somewhere safer than a random pad of paper I borrowed from work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...