Jun 20, 2012

Triumph of the Light

Happy Summer Solstice!  As promised, I am sharing with you all the Litha chant I wrote a couple of years ago.

While doing some research about the sabbat, I came across a passage in a book that mentioned that in one of the presettlement Mesoamerican cultures (I wish I could remember which one - maybe Incan?), the summer solstice is celebrated as the "triumph of the light" over the dark of night.  I was really inspired by that phrase, and this chant is what emerged.  And as always I had a little divine help, this time from Mama Cocha and Inti.

Triumph of the Light


Lyrics:
I am Inti, King of the Day
I walk in the light of the sun
I dance in the heat of the sun
sunset on the beach in Ocean City, NJI sing in the strength of the sun
I am the Sun King, Summer Bright
So light the Litha fires,
and tell the tale of the triumph of the light
la la la la la la la la (x2)

I am Mama Quilla, Queen of the Night
I walk in the light of the moon
I dance in the spark of the moon
I sing in the pull of the moon
I am the Moon Queen, Reflecting His Might
So light the Litha fires,
and tell the tale of the triumph of the light
la la la la la la la la (x2)


Please let me know what you think!

© Colleen Beaty.  You are free to share my post and use my chants in ritual - and I would love to know that you do!  But please do not reproduce my chants in any way without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...