May 14, 2012

Monday Music Break: Jenna Greene

My usual playlist just wasn't doing it for me today, so in a fit of near-desperation for inspiration I went to bandcamp.com and searched the tag list for "pagan." Among some of the usual pagan artists (SJ Tucker, T. Thorn Coyle), I came across Jenna Green's album Wild Earth Child.  I was drawn to the cover art, and after glancing through the tracklist I clicked play on "Muse" and fell in love.

Jenna Greene.  Used in the principles of fair use.
From greenladymusic.com

The page describes the song as such: Explores the relationship between artist and creative spirit that the Celts called “the fire in the head.”  I was looking for inspiration, and I found a song about inspiration.  So...stuff means stuff?

I love the gentle but insistent tempo provided by the bongos and the maracas (or egg, whatever shaky instrument that is).  Her voice isn't perfect, but it's still very lovely and draws you in to her story.  I think I'll add her to my playlist at work tomorrow and see if it brings me any more inspiration.

Also, just a reminder that you can submit your suggestions/requests for the Monday Music Break using the handy Google Form I created


2 comments:

  1. Found you via #FlashbackFriday & Chasing Joy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you liked the song :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...