May 26, 2012

30 before 31 update

Beebalm

It's been about 6 months since I wrote it, so I thought I'd post a little update about my 30 before 31 list.

Make my blog more awesome and increase readership - working on it!  I moved to a better blogging platform, started a weekly feature to share pagan music, and I've now found a focus for my blog that most inspires me.  I also participated in Bloggiesta in March, which was super helpful. I also contacted someone about working together for a new feature I want to introduce this summer.  I am really proud of myself for doing that, because it was rather out of my comfort zone!

Get my 1st degree initiation - as it turns out, I was denied initiation and I was released from my coven as of March 24.  I'm still regrouping from that.  Right now I need some downtime, so I've been keeping my personal practice low-key, and I'll be avoiding public rituals and other sorts of pagan gatherings for awhile.

Clean out my old room at my parents’ house - I made a big dent when I visited them a few months ago, and found some interesting treasures in the process, like an envelope full of letters from my pen-pals.  Next time I visit I'll tackle some more of those boxes. 

Get a tattoo of the mark given to me by Gwynn Ap Nudd to commemorate finishing my 1st degree - I contacted a tattoo shop recommended by many friends, but failed to follow up on that after the degree kerfluffle.  I really need to contact them again to set up an appointment - I've been getting lots of pokes from Gwynn about that.

Grow my hair long again - well, it's growing.  Slowly.  But I'm actually debating cutting it as a release of the negative energies built up from the brou-ha-ha with my former coven.  (The Barbed Pentacle has an interesting article about hair and energy/magick, but be warned that it is definitely NSFW!)

Start an indoor herb garden - I have a kit, I just need to plant it already.


As much as I love to-do lists, approaching this list with that attitude was actually counter-productive.  I mean, the one thing I was was certain would happen (getting my 1st degree initiation) turned out to be a bust.  So instead I've been trying to approach it more like ideas to help me better my life - and if they don't happen, I'll just re-evaluate whether they even needed to happen in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. Wait. Denied initiation? Whoa! See this is one of the good things about being solitary. I do what I want, when I want and answer to no one by myself. :) Can't wait to see the pic of the tattoo. Does your hair grow quickly? Mine is so baby fine and takes forever to grow. I envy those with long hair as mine never gets there. :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, by the time I was denied initiation, I didn't want it anyway. It's become very clear to me through this whole process how poorly I respond to being what to do and what to believe. My beliefs and practice definitely need to be on my own terms.

      My hair used to grow so fast - in college it was down to my waist! Unfortunately it's falling out more than growing lately. I probably need to take vitamins or something :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...