Jul 27, 2018

Mother Ocean Chant

During the blue moon in April I wrote a chant for Mama Cocha, Incan/Quechua goddess of the sea and one of my four beloved patrons.  Her name translates to "Mother Ocean."  I hope that singing it brings you as much joy as it has brought me!



Lyrics:

Mother Ocean - you bring the rain
Mother Ocean - you bring the storm
Mother Ocean - you bring the sun
Mother Ocean - you sail us home

I hear your voice laughing through the gulls

I feel your tears falling in the rain
I hear your song cresting with the waves
I feel your love in the rhythm of the tides

Mother Ocean - drown me in your arms

Mother Ocean - turn me into sand
Mother Ocean - wash my soul anew
Mother Ocean - sail me back to home


(c) Colleen Beaty.  You are free to share my post and SoundCloud widget, and to use my chants in ritual - and I would love to know that you do!  But please do not record or otherwise reproduce my chants in any other way without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...