Oct 24, 2012

Blog Awards

I've been nominated for several blog awards over the last few months.  I've been terribly lax in posting about it to thank those who nominated me for the awards.  So a very belated thank you to the three fabulous women who nominated me for these awards!

The Domestic Pagan nominated me for two blog awards, the One Lovely Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  Thanks chica!

One Lovely Blog Award

    Very Inspiring Blogger Award

    Kourtney over at The Multifaceted Experience nominated me for the Sunshine Award back in August.  Muchas gracias!

    Sunshine Award

    And Brenda over at Pibbles & Me nominated me for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon.  Mwah, thanks!

    Fabulous Blog Ribbon


    Some of the awards require you to provide interesting facts about yourself.  They all asked for different numbers, so I picked my favorite number, 7.  So here's 7 interesting fact about me:
    1. I am a big sci-fi geek.
    2. On that note, my favorite show of all time is Doctor Who.
    3. Generally, when choosing where to go out to eat, I will choose Thai food.  I want all the curries.  ALL THE CURRIES.
    4. My favorite flower is lilac.  So gorgeous, smells amazing, so fleeting.
    5. I love football.  My team is the Philadelphia Eagles, although I live in Maryland and can't always watch them on Sundays.  My local "alterna-team" is the Baltimore Ravens (it's okay, they're in different conferences).
    6. One of the things I do "for fun" is pulling invasive plants.  It's a great stress reliever!  And it benefits local ecology by removing an invader that would otherwise take over and provide no value to the native animals.  To that end, I volunteer with Montgomery County Parks as a Weed Warrior.
    7. The older I've gotten, the more honesty has become a deeply-held value.
    And now I'm going to break the rules for all those awards and not nominate anybody, because goodness that would exhaust my blogroll, and probably annoy everyone in the process. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...