Dec 12, 2012
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
Sorry for the dearth of Monday Music Break posts lately, folks. November and December have turned out to be pretty rough on me, both at home and at work. Hopefully January will be less stressful and I'll have the energy to work more on this blog.
I did just learn that I will be taking on some new and exciting responsibilities at my job, which should hopefully make work less stressful and more interesting. It will give me the chance to flex my writing and editing skills some more and work on social media stuff. I'm pretty stoked about it.
In the meantime, please check out what some of these other awesome pagan bloggers are posting about:
* Jason Pitzl-Waters just posted the Best of 2012 Show for his podcast, A Darker Shade of Pagan. If you don't subscribe to that podcast, by the way, you should - the music he plays is kick-ass.
* My dear friend Awenydd has been writing some lovely poetry over on Stories from the Cauldron
* Teo wrote a really powerful post about cleaning up ritual space as a way to find stillness and renewal.
* Lonely Coyote wrote a neat post about working with rosemary.
* This post is few months old, but I wanted to draw attention to it: Finally the hurdles were overcome, and Literata (one of the local pagan leaders in the DC metro region) was recognized by the Arlington County Court as a clergy member, and thus able to perform marriages. Awesome victory for the local pagan community!
Also, I have had this song stuck in my head for the last couple of days. HALP.